Outer Banks

Thursday, January 12, 2012

52 Week Challenge: Week 2 - Black & White

This week's challenge was "Black & White" and I thought it would be a pretty easy assignment. Unfortunately, it was anything but easy. I came up with several ideas, but none really got me excited. When I woke up this morning I was greeted with a smiling (and very handsome) husband wishing me a Happy Anniversary! Although we were married in July and this is not our official anniversary, today is mine and Richie's 3 1/2 year anniversary. You may be rolling your eyes and you may say we are corny, but we both are very grateful. We are grateful to have each other, we are grateful for our families and we are grateful for the exciting life we are living together. Over the past 3 1/2 years we have been through so much! Some moments were more amazing than we could have every hoped for - our beautiful wedding, our tropical honeymoon, buying our first house, Michael and Jasmine getting engaged, watching our nephews, Ryan and Dylan grow, and sharing memories with our families. Some moments were extremely trying and difficult - Richie switching jobs, me transfering schools and of course, my health issues.
Most newlyweds (yes, I still feel like we are newlyweds!) would never have had made it through what we have in the past 3 1/2 years. Not only did we survive, but we have a better relationship because of what we have experienced. Everyone claims to have the "best husband" or the "best family", but I believe that I do with all of my heart. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a life filled with people who love me! I love them more than they could ever understand.
I obviously did not take the above picture, but it is my favorite black & white photograph. I will post my real entry tomorrow (relax Nicole!), but in the meantime, I felt this picture was appropriate - and I was hoping it would hold my sister over for one more day! ;)
Thank you to everyone who has helped us get through these past 3 1/2 years. I can't wait to see where life takes us next!

3 comments:

nicole said...

Wow Erika - I am very impressed and moved by what you wrote. I don't care that the picture is old - I loved your post. I too feel lucky - lucky to have you as my sister, my friend and a wonderful aunt. I love you so much and am very proud of you (and Richie) xoxoxox

ps- i agree of course: We do have the best family!!!

nicole said...

I meant to write "I am lucky that you are a wonderful aunt to my children" - clearly I should not post after not eating for three days.
xoxoxo

mom said...

I have been trying to write a comment on this site for weeks - I will try one more time even though Richie and Erika just helped me for an hour....

I am laughing as I am writing because I thought of a good one for black and white. The only other one that would compare to your great post, is when I facetime,facebook you at night and crack up laughing at Richies White tee shirt. That can be next years post for black and white - love you guys xoxoxxx mom